Junior Horizon Award
Women in Defense Michigan established the Junior Horizon Award in 2009 to encourage high school women to pursue Science, Technology, Engineering, and Math (S.T.E.M.) careers related to the national security and defense interests of the United States.
Applicants must meet the following criteria to be eligible for the 2020 Junior Horizon Award:
- Be a female
- Be a citizen of the United States
- Be a resident of Michigan
- Be a high school senior (grade 12) currently enrolled full time
- Demonstrate achievements in Science, Technology, Engineering & Math (STEM)
- Demonstrate an interest in pursuing a career related to national security or defense
- Be active in school and/or the local community
- Be planning to attend a Michigan university or college
- Have a minimum grade point average of 3.25
The Junior Horizon Award application can be found here. Applications must be received by 5:00 PM on June 30, 2020. Finalists will be invited to interview with the selection committee. The selected recipient will be invited, along with her family, to attend the WID Michigan Annual Black Tie Gala in November 2020 at the Royal Park Hotel in Rochester, MI to receive the award.
Applications due by 5:00 PM June 30, 2020